If you’re a caring individual looking for a new career challenge in the healthcare field, clinical medical assistant jobs could be calling your name. Certified clinical medical assistant jobs could put you at the forefront of patient care. If you are a caring individual that loves helping others then working in healthcare in one of these certified clinical medical assistant jobs could be the pathway to a great career.
If you’re intrigued by the possibility of a clinical medical assistant job but are unsure about what this career entails, you’re in the right place. We’ve outlined some key facts about clinical medical assistant jobs and why they could be right for you!
Discover how to become a CMA here!
What is it like being a clinical medical assistant?
What does the clinical medical assistant job description look like? A clinical medical assistant’s work can vary with the location, specialty, and size of the practice for which they work.
Clinical medical assistant jobs typically involve the following tasks:
- Record patient history and personal information
- Measure vital signs, such as blood pressure
- Help physicians with patient examinations
- Give patients injections or medications as directed by physicians and as permitted by state law1
As you can see, clinical medical assistant job duties are varied and challenging. That’s why selecting the best clinical medical assistant school for your needs is important. The right combination of education and hands-on experience could prepare you for a fulfilling and successful healthcare career.
Traits clinical medical assistants should have
In order to successfully complete clinical medical assistant job duties, you should have certain qualities. In addition to the clinical medical assistant skills needed to accomplish the tasks noted above, certain soft skills are important for a clinical medical assistant to have:
- Analytical skills: Clinical medical assistants should have knowledge of medical charts and diagnoses. You may be required to code a patient’s medical records for billing purposes.
- Detail-oriented: Clinical medical assistants should be precise when taking vital signs or recording patient information. Physicians and insurance companies rely on accurate records.
- Interpersonal skills: Clinical medical assistants must be able to discuss patient information with other medical personnel, such as physicians. You’ll often interact with patients who may be in pain or in distress, so you’ll need to be able to act in a calm and professional manner.
- Technical skills: Clinical medical assistants should be able to use basic clinical instruments so you can take a patient’s vital signs, such as heart rate and blood pressure 2.
Even if you are lacking in any of these skills or qualities, enrolling in the right clinical medical assistant school could help you with your training to find a fulfilling clinical medical assistant job.
What is the career outlook for clinical medical assistant jobs?
Are you considering pursuing a clinical medical assistant career but are unsure about your career outlook? According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of medical assistants is projected to grow 19% from 2019 to 2029, which is much faster than the average for all occupations3.
If you live in Arkansas, Mississippi, or Louisiana and are searching for “clinical medical assistant jobs near me”, you’re in luck! These states show great promise for beginning a clinical medical assistant career:
- In Arkansas, the projected employment growth from 2016-2026 is 30.72% 4
- In Mississippi, the projected employment growth from 2016-2026 is 12.4% 5
- In Louisiana, the projected employment growth from 2016-2026 is 18.01% 6
As you can see, clinical medical assistant jobs are on the rise in several locations. That means you’ll have great opportunities to work in healthcare settings such as physician offices, nursing homes, hospitals, and more. If you’re excited to begin the path towards your clinical medical assistant job, you’ll need to enroll in a clinical medical assistant school.
Begin Clinical Medical Assistant School with Blue Cliff College
Ready to take steps towards pursuing clinical medical assistant jobs? A wonderful place to start is in our Clinical Medical Assistant school! Our program is where you could have the opportunity to learn the skills and knowledge you may need to succeed in a clinical medical assistant career.
The training program here at Blue Cliff College is designed with students in mind and could provide you with hands-on training you may need to help achieve your goals in the healthcare field. Our Clinical Medical Assistant diploma program aims to prepare you for an entry-level position in the healthcare industry. There is no better time than the present to take your place in the healthcare sector.
Take the first step towards a new career at Blue Cliff College!