A Pathway to Patient Care – Dialysis Technician TrainingEarn a diploma in the health care field as a dialysis technician. As a student in Blue Cliff’s Dialysis Tech School, you will learn the proper techniques necessary to have when taking care of patients whose kidneys no longer function. As well as having strong social instincts and a caring nature, dialysis technicians also must be able to keep up with the ever-changing technical world to handle the equipment used with patients needing this assistance.
What will I learn in Dialysis Technician School?Blue Cliff College’s dialysis technician school provides all of its students with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed or gain entry level employment as a dialysis technician (also known as patient care technicians or dialysis techs). Throughout the Dialysis technician training program, participants will gain comprehensive training in:
- Patient preparation and comfort
- Use and care of dialysis machines
- Relevant medical terms
- Safety and sterilization standards
- Use of precise documentation before, during, and after dialysis procedures
Does Blue Cliff College’s Dialysis Technician Program offer a flexible schedule?Absolutely! You can now fit your education into your busy schedule. Blue Cliff College’s Dialysis Technician training offers some online classes. We know that our students are busy and have many responsibilities; our combination of online courses paired with classroom, hands-on training will help prepare you for a career as a Dialysis Technician or Patient Care Technician. Enroll now if you’d like Dialysis Tech training and like to work with technology while assisting people with their critical-care needs. After 72 quarter credit hours of training, Dialysis Technician program graduates will earn their diploma and be qualified for entry-level employment in dialysis clinics and hospitals. For more information on Blue Cliff’s Dialysis Technician School, contact us here.
More about Careers for Dialysis TechniciansFor more information about a career as a Dialysis Technician, please visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s O*NET website. The Standard Occupational Code (SOC) for the career 29-2099.00 and the Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) code for this program is 51.1011.
Ready to make a change? Take the first step! Request Info
Requesting information requires no obligation or commitments.
Dialysis Technician School Admission RequirementsAll Dialysis Tech applicants must:
- Be in good health and physically able to perform the duties and techniques required for employment in the Dialysis Technician field
- Provide verification that your immunizations are current, including the Hepatitis B series, OR sign an Acknowledgement, Release and Requisition/Declination Form (provided during the admission process) indicating that your immunizations will be current before certain courses can be taken or activities performed
- Complete the Dialysis Student Disclosure Form during the Admissions process, at the second interview with the Program Chair, at the Academic Orientation and prior to Externship (Mississippi only)
Our Dialysis Technician Training Program is Offered at our Gulfport, MS Campus
Licensing Information and AccreditationBlue Cliff College maintains current accreditation so you know you’re learning skills that are valued in your field. It is important when comparing Blue Cliff’s Dialysis School to other Dialysis Technician schools, to ensure proper licensing and accreditation. We are:
- Licensed by the Mississippi Commission on Proprietary School and College Registration (License No. C-110)
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)†