Dialysis Patient Care Technician Training Program at Blue Cliff College
Considering a career in healthcare is a great choice. Those looking to make a difference in the lives of patients with chronic kidney failure and end-stage renal disease may want to consider a career as a Dialysis Patient Care Technician.
Once you’ve decided that you want to pursue Dialysis Technician training, you’ll need to begin by searching for ‘Dialysis Technician training schools near me’. The Dialysis Technician training program at Blue Cliff College could be the best choice to fulfill your passion for providing quality care to patients in need.
A Dialysis Patient Care Technician must be well trained in the proper use of dialysis equipment to take care of patients whose kidneys no longer function properly. In order to achieve core competencies in this exciting career choice, you’ll want to learn how to become a Dialysis Technician and take the first step toward completing your technician certification requirements with a diploma from Blue Cliff College’s Dialysis Technician program.
Key Skills You Can Learn at Blue Cliff College with Dialysis Technician Training
Blue Cliff College’s Dialysis Technician program is designed to prepare students for entry-level work as technicians in dialysis centers and other medical settings. The Dialysis Tech program includes comprehensive courses on the following vital skills needed for a career as a Dialysis Technician:
- Patient preparation and comfort
- Use and care of dialysis machines
- Relevant medical terms
- Safety and sterilization standards
- Use of precise documentation before, during, and after dialysis procedures
The Dialysis Technician program at Blue Cliff College not only teaches students how to become a Dialysis Technician but the soft skills that could make a difference in the experience of their patients.
The Dialysis Technician Program Offers Flexible Scheduling Options
Blue Cliff College understands that its prospective students are already busy with job and family commitments. We encourage potential students with busy schedules to explore our hybrid Dialysis Patient Care Technician courses.
Students enrolled in Dialysis Tech training at Blue Cliff College have the unique opportunity to complete their education requirements on-campus and online. Offering the flexibility of both in-person and remote learning is a major advantage for those with competing priorities.
After 72 quarter credit hours of successfully completed training, Dialysis Technician program graduates will earn their diploma and be qualified for entry-level employment in dialysis clinics and hospitals.
More about Dialysis Tech Careers
For more information about a career as a Dialysis Technician, please visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s O*NET website. The Standard Occupational Code (SOC) for the career 29-2099.00 and the Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) code for this program is 51.1011.
Ready to make a change? Take the first step! Request Info
Requesting information requires no obligation or commitments.
How to Become a Dialysis Technician Student | Admission Requirements
Becoming a Dialysis Patient Care Technician is a great choice. As a student in Blue Cliff’s Dialysis Tech School, you’ll need to meet a few requirements before your training can begin.
All Dialysis Tech program applicants must:
- Be in good health and physically able to perform the duties and techniques required for employment in the Dialysis Technician field
- Provide verification that your immunizations are current, including the Hepatitis B series, OR sign an Acknowledgement, Release and Requisition/Declination Form (provided during the admission process) indicating that your immunizations will be current before certain courses can be taken or activities performed
- Complete the Dialysis Student Disclosure Form during the Admissions process, at the second interview with the Program Chair, at the Academic Orientation and prior to Externship (Mississippi only)
Blue Cliff College does not pay for any fees associated with either receiving immunizations or providing verification.
Our Dialysis Technician Training Program is Offered at our Gulfport, MS Campus
Licensing Information and AccreditationBlue Cliff College maintains current accreditation so you know you’re learning skills that are valued in your field. It is important when comparing Blue Cliff’s Dialysis School to other Dialysis Technician schools, to ensure proper licensing and accreditation. We are:
- Licensed by the Mississippi Commission on Proprietary School and College Registration (License No. C-110)
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)†