Medical Office Administration
The Medical Office Administration diploma program at Blue Cliff College is an online-only program. This program provides students with the chance to learn the skills needed to succeed in today’s medical office environment. Students in the Medical Office Administration program are exposed to the skills and knowledge needed to understand the demands of a medical office environment.
Medical Office Administration Training
Medical Office Administration training offered at Blue Cliff College is designed to prepare students to pursue an administrative career in a healthcare setting. As part of their Medical Office Administration training, students will be introduced to a variety of topics. Some of these include an introduction to Medical Office Administration as well as Medical Administrative procedures. Computer Fundamentals, Medical Office Management, and Professionalism in the Medical Office are also introduced. Critical concepts such as Law and Ethics in a Healthcare Workplace, an Introduction to Medical Language, Billing and Collections, and Electronic Health Records are also included. The Medical Office Administration training program at Blue Cliff College concludes with a Capstone course. During the Capstone course, students will be tasked with situations that will allow them to test and apply the knowledge they have gained throughout the program. The Capstone course integrates business communications, office management, law and ethics, billing and collections, and day-to-day office administrative procedures.
Medical Office Administration Online Classes
Our online classes at Blue Cliff College are immersive, fun, and interactive. They have been designed and created by trained and licensed instructors. That means as a student, you can rest assured that the education you receive from our online programs is of the exact same level of quality as what it is offered in our physical classrooms. We have designed our online programs with convenient, at-home learning in mind. Our online programs are ideal for working adults or for those who prefer the flexibility of distance learning.
Students enrolled in this program will be exposed to various Medical Office Administration Online Classes as part of their training. Some of these classes include:
- Medical Administrative Procedures: This course introduces students to the procedures needed to function in a medical office environment. The course also covers office operations required in meeting the needs of the medical office.
- Medical Office Management: This course is designed to prepare students for entry-level supervision of a medical office. Students can explore common business practices. Topics include basic office and financial tasks. The concepts of budgeting, planning and organizing, decision-making, and staffing are also discussed.
- Law & Ethics in the Healthcare Workplace: This course introduces students to basic ethical and legal principles governing healthcare practices. Topics covered include privacy, safety, and patient rights. The confidentiality and integrity of patient’s record and health information is also discussed.
- Billing and Collection Procedures: This course explores standard billing and collection procedures. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and Telephone Consumer Protection Act will also be introduced..
- Electronic Health Records: This course provides students with an entry-level experience in using software programs commonly used in a healthcare environment. Emphasis is placed on master patient index, chart tracking, abstracting, release of information, and incomplete record management.
- …and more!
Ready to make a change? Take the first step! Request Info
Requesting information requires no obligation or commitments.
What is the total cost of the Medical Office Administration Online Program?
The current tuition for a student completing this program in normal time is $9,900. The additional
technology fees is $1,251 (for a total cost of $11,151).
For a list of books associated with each program, ISBN, and price click here.
Financial Aid is available for those that qualify.
How Can I Find Out More About This Career?For more information about a career as a Billing and Coding Specialist, please visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s O*NET website. The Standard Occupational Code (SOC) for the career 43-6013.00 and the Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) code for this program is 51.0716.
Licensing Information and AccreditationState requirements and licensing may vary from state to state. Blue Cliff College is:
- Licensed by Louisiana State Board of Regents
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.