Would you be interested in joining a profession where making people smile was one of the many perks? Imagine that job also allowed you to work family-friendly hours in an upbeat team environment.
If this sounds like you, then a career as a Dental Assistant could be your pathway to a more gratifying vocation!
There are other benefits in becoming a Dental Assistant including;
- Making a genuine difference to patients’ health and quality of life
- A job where no two days are ever the same
- Sociable working hours, with part-time opportunities available
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
Dental Assistants play a key role in assisting dentists and hygienists, aiding them and addressing their patients’ needs. With your help, patients will feel more comfortable before, during, and after their dental appointments.
Dental Assistants also provide support and advice to patients on good oral health practices. Helping patients become better educated and leave the dental clinic with a smile.
With the ever-increasing focus on good oral healthcare, a career as a Dental Assistant has also become an incredibly satisfying and financially secure occupation.
Why a Career as a Dental Assistant is so Rewarding
It feels great to work as part of a close-knit team where everyone benefits from the high levels of patient engagement. Combine this with an exciting variety of duties, and it’s easy to see why a career as a Dental Assistant can be immensely fulfilling.
On a day-to-day basis, work as a Dental Assistant includes;
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Preparing treatment rooms, tools and materials
- Offering chair-side support to dentists and hygienists
- Providing Dental care assistance during procedures, sterilization, and equipment exchange
- Working with high-tech dental diagnostic tools, including x-rays
- Interacting with patients to ensure continued comfort levels
Standard work hours usually align more with a normal 9-5 schedule. It is also a brilliant career path if you want to avoid working long and unsociable hours.
A New Career in Just 12 Months
Did you know training for a career as a Dental Assistant can be completed in just one year! Not only that, some Dental Assisting programs provide flexible learning timetables, allowing you to train around your current commitments.
To qualify, it is important you attend a Dental Assistant program that follows State Board of Dentistry guidelines. These training courses expertly combine classroom tuition with Dental Assistant on-the-job training.
Blue Cliff College’s accredited Dental Assisting courses include day and night-time class options. These are excellent options to study while still earning an income.
After completing the required amount of theoretical training and supervised on-premises training, you will be certified for a career as a Dental Assistant.
Exciting Career Growth and Employment Opportunities
Job security is essential these days, and a Dental Assistant’s career outlook continues to look solid. After all, Dental Assistants are essential for a dental practice to be able to run smoothly.
As a result, a career as a Dental Assistant remains a strong vocation with the Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipating:
- A faster than average 11% employment growth rate for Dental Assistants¹
- 44,000 openings for Dental Assistants each year, on average, over the decade²
- An average annual income of $41,180 (with the top 10% earning approximately $58,390)³
- Additionally, through continued education and training, many Dental Assistants become Dental Hygienists. (an occupation with a median annual salary of $77,090, according to the LBS)4
Dentistry has become such a significant growth area within modern healthcare. Even the World Health Organization has declared that oral health is a key indicator of overall health, well-being, and quality of life.
All the signs point to an industry that will continue to grow. Now is an excellent time to start a career as a Dental Assistant!
A Profession That Can Take You Places
Imagine the gratification of knowing you are helping improve patients’ long-term health and happiness. Not only can a career as a Dental Assistant be enormously rewarding, but it can also provide you with an opportunity to build a career around your interests.
Up and down the country, Dental Assistant skills are needed by dental professionals, including Orthodontists, Endodontists, and Oral Surgeons. However, the opportunities don’t just end there; with experience and continued training, many Dental Assistants go on to become;
- Dental Hygienists
- Dental Office Managers
- Teachers on dental assisting programs
- Insurance Claims Processors
- Business owners (yes, you too could run a Dental Practice one day!)
For 35 years, Blue Cliff College has been helping people train for a better life. Our courses are designed to help accelerate you towards a career as a Dental Assistant and an opportunity to enjoy a very fulfilling vocation.
Our dental assisting programs can offer you the flexibility you need to study. Day and Night class options help you learn at your own pace and allow you to study around your existing work and family commitments.
Blue Cliff College can help you to master the required Dental Assistant skills in;
- Chair-side dental procedures
- Equipment maintenance and sterilization
- Oral diagnostics tools, including radiography and x-rays
- Dental health, nutrition, and infection control
- Health care laws and regulations (OSHA and HIPPA)
- Front-office customer care and appointment scheduling
As well as expert training, Blue Cliff College’s course includes a 210-hour dental clinic externship.
This externship provides supervised practical hands-on experience, allowing you to apply your classroom-taught knowledge in a real-time environment. This builds your confidence in the necessary Dental Assistant skills required to become a practicing Dental Assistant.
Are you looking for a career that is both personally and professionally rewarding? Sign up now and let Blue Cliff College get you started in a career as a Dental Assistant today!