Are you interested in indulging your love of beauty, skincare, and customer service in an exciting new career? Do you love to help people and want to improve clients’ quality of skin? If so, then you could be an ideal fit for an esthetician career! In this popular skincare occupation, you could specialize in cleansing and beautifying the face and body to enhance others’ appearance.¹ Upon successful licensure, estheticians can also provide facials, skin treatments, including masks, peels, and scrubs. If you are wondering how to become an esthetician, then the four insightful tips below are a great start to help you follow your dreams!
1. Find and Enroll in a Licensed Esthetician SchoolFirst, you need to enroll in a training program where you could learn the vital skills and techniques you’d need to become a successful esthetician! According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, all skincare specialists must finish a state-approved cosmetology or esthetics program.² A state-approved esthetician program could help prepare you for the practical and written exam for an esthetics license. Enrolling in a licensed esthetician school could be the bridge between you and becoming a fully licensed professional in your state. With proper training, you may have ample job opportunities available near your home. The hands-on training in an esthetician program could provide you with the exposure needed to boost your skills and confidence!
2. Become Eligible to Take Your Esthetician License Exam After TrainingUpon successful completion of your esthetician training program, you will need to take your state’s exam for licensure, which all states except Connecticut require.³ Successfully earning your license could make you ready to begin your skincare career, beautifying and cleansing the face and body of each client! Earning your license can show you are a qualified esthetician ready to perform duties. These tasks can include offering proper skincare products to clients as well as referring them to dermatologists if needed. Licensed estheticians also remove unwanted hair using lasers or other approved treatments.⁴ The work done as an esthetician could positively impact the lives of others!
Click to Learn More About the Esthetics program at Blue Cliff College!
3. Build Your Clientele and ExperienceBefore beginning your desired career path, most places require practical exposure. Thankfully, your school training could help put you one step ahead in building your levels of experience, which could help you stand out amongst other job applicants. The school you decide to enroll in might also be able to help you with this process! If there is a career services department, these professionals can assist in your search for an entry-level position as an esthetician. Having these resources available could be beneficial to beginning your career search. An entry-level esthetician position could have many other benefits as well! Your colleagues could assist you and help build your skillset from their experience. This is where you could also begin building your clientele. Before you know it, you could have an entire list of clientele that request your services!
4. Embark on Your Desired Esthetician Career Path!Are you ready to start doing what you love as an esthetician? Where do you see yourself ideally working? According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, estheticians can work in the following areas:⁵
- Personal care services
- Offices of physicians
- Health and personal care stores
- Traveler accommodation
Begin your Esthetics Training at Blue Cliff CollegeAt Blue Cliff College, we strive to give our students the proper skills and techniques needed to pursue a career as an esthetician! We require our students to complete 780 hours of our Esthetician program (to meet Louisiana state requirements). With hands-on and in-classroom training, we offer the scientific knowledge, artistic principles, and strong customer service skills you’ll need to succeed as an esthetician. You may find Blue Cliff College desirable for your education because we feature short training times. Our program is only six to nine months long at our Louisiana campuses. So, what are you waiting for? Currently, our esthetics program is located at the following campus locations:
- Alexandria, LA
- Lafayette, LA
- Metairie, LA
Ready to Begin Your Esthetics training program? Train with Blue Cliff College Today!