Do you have a passion for beauty, skincare, and cosmetics? Are you wondering how you can turn that passion into a career? Understanding the benefits of a career in Esthetics can come in handy when it comes to making good decisions for your future. You may find the career you’re looking for in esthetics! If you are planning to enter the field soon, it is important to know the benefits! Here are the top 5:
Every day that you work, you are helping someone work towards and achieve their skin goals. By helping and educating clients on skincare products and recommended treatments, you are ultimately helping them enhance their quality of life by improving the way they feel about themselves. The gratification one receives from working as an esthetician is endless!
A second reason why many estheticians are thankful for their careers is they are often allowed to have more flexible hours. Some estheticians work long hours only a few days per week, while others work short hours for 6 days per week.
As you prepare for this position, it is important to remember that you may need to work evenings or weekends, since many of your clients will likely work during the day. It all depends on the work environment you choose.
Relationships with Clients
As an esthetician, it is your job to make clients feel welcomed, comfortable, and relaxed. Being approachable and sharing stories with your clients is an important part of your business. Getting to know your clients is essential. In addition to meeting new people every day, you will also have a clientele that continues to return for years to come. Your clients could also refer their friends and family to you, who in turn could refer their friends and family to you, and so on.
According to the bureau of labor statistics, “employment of skincare specialists is projected to grow 29 percent from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the average for all occupations¹”.
As an esthetician, you could have the opportunity to work in many different beauty industry settings including beauty and medical spas, plastic surgeons and salons. As a self-employed esthetician, you can even work from your own home! You can also specialize in a particular area of beauty and skincare such as waxing, facials, or even eyelash extensions!
Schooling is only 6-9 months
Does going to school for Esthetics seem daunting? Many careers require years and years of schooling. Thankfully, training to become an esthetician could be completed in as little as 6 months. Depending on your schedule and if you enroll in day or night classes, you could begin your career in under a year!
Being an esthetician is a gratifying career. As a skincare specialist, you get to make clients feel good with the services you provide. If becoming an esthetician sounds like something that you would enjoy, it’s time to discover all that Blue Cliff has to offer.
Blue Cliff College offers multiple courses to help you build and develop the skills to obtain an entry-level position as an esthetician. Some of the classes that we offer are:
- Introduction to Esthetics: course includes the history of esthetics, EPA and OSHA regulations, facility sanitation, scientific study of skin and skin problems, and more.
- Intermediate Esthetics: course includes how to perform; a skin analysis, basic facials, treatments, spa massage techniques, and more.
- Advanced Esthetics: course includes instruction on the application of; body exfoliation, body tanning, deep cleansing back treatment, slimming body wraps, and more.
- Makeup and Hair Removal: course includes basic makeup procedures for any occasion, utilizing hair removal equipment, tools, accessories, and more.
- Spa Management and Professional Development: course includes learning the skills necessary to successfully manage a spa business.
- 3 Courses Focusing on Skill Enhancement Training: courses allow the student to sharpen Esthetics skills in various areas while they are reviewing for the State Board Certification Exam.
We offer our Esthetics programs at our Alexandria, Lafayette, and Metairie, LA campuses as well as our Gulfport, MS campus. Learn more about our Esthetics school and jump-start your career today!